INTERNET USAGE IN SLOVAKIA13.4.2017
Dear publishers, today we are going to present you our regular article about the Internet usage in different countries and today it will be Slovakia – great GEO with wonderful offers to test. Use the information below to run your campaigns in Slovakia. Here it is internet usage in Slovakia. Enjoy!
- The total population of Slovakia is 5,445,802.
- Ethnic groups: Slovak 80.7%, Hungarian 8.5%, Roma 2%, other and unspecified 8.8%.
- Official language is Slovak (official).
- Other Languages: 78.6%, Hungarian 9.4%, Roma 2.3%, Ruthenian 1%, other or unspecified 8.8%.
- The number of Internet Users in Slovakia is 4,477,641.
- Internet Speed:
Average Latency – 117 ms
Average Download – 21.12 Mbps
Average Upload – 14.80 Mbps
The frequency of Internet usage in Slovakia:
Every day – 82%
At least once per week – 14%
At least once per month – 4%
Less than once per month – 1%
For your convenience and for visual clarity we have created multicolored diagrams showing various stats:
Social Media Usage
2.50 million of the Slovaks are active social media users (+9% since January 2016) which is 46% of the population. 2 millions of them are active mobile social users (+11% since January 2016) and it is 37% of the population.
It is not a surprise that Facebook overwhelms the social media market share in Slovakia and is the most popular one. Let’s have a closer look at Facebook usage:
- 2.50 million – total number of monthly active Facebook users
- 80% – Facebook users accessing via mobile
- 72% – Facebook users using Facebook each day
- 52% – Females
- 48% – Males
As for the Facebook pages themselves, here is the stats:
Mobile Operators in Slovakia
- Orange (Formerly Globtel)
- Telekom (Formerly Eurotel, T-Mobile)
The number of mobile subscriptions is 7.36 million (+3% since January 2016).
That’s it. Hope you will find this data useful for your campaigns. Good luck!