INTERNET USAGE IN CZECH REPUBLIC30.3.2017
We are back with our weekly analysis of promising GEOs in Affiliate Marketing. And it’s time for the Czech Republic. There is a wide range of CZ offers in our system: ranging from Adult to Diet & Weightloss. Payouts are really competitive; just have a look at them in your personal account. Once you choose a suitable offer for you – you can read this article to understand better how the Internet in the Czech Republic is used.
- The total population of the Czech Republic is approximately 10 million people.
- Ethnic groups are Czech 64.3%, Moravian 5%, Slovak 1.4%, other 1.8%, unspecified 27.5%.
- The official language is Czech.
- Other languages spoken in the Czech Republic are English, German, Slovak, Russian, Polish, French, Italian, Spanish, and Hungarian.
- The number of Internet users in the Czech Republic is 9,323,428. This number is growing year by year. In comparison to previous year there is +11% (918 000 new users).
- Internet speed:
Average Latency: 102 ms
Average Download: 36.57 Mbps
Average Upload: 34.63 Mbps
How often do Internet users in the Czech Republic access the Internet for personal reasons?
79% of people do it every day. 16% of users surf the Internet once per week, not much though. There are people who access the Internet at least once per month – 4%.
For your convenience and for a visual clarity we have created multicolored diagrams showing various stats:
Social media usage
The total number of active social media users is nearly 5 million people and it is 46% of the population. Nearly 4 million users access various social networks via mobile.In comparison to other countries where Facebook beats all the records and is used by more than 90% of the population, the situation in the Czech Republic is quite different. Though it is still on top of the list, the number of Facebook users doesn’t exceed even 80% on mobile, and it is less than 70% on desktop.
The total number of monthly active Facebook users is approximately 5 million people, 80% of them access Facebook via mobile. Mind this when targeting Facebook users while running your campaigns. Around 70% of Facebook users use Facebook every day. There are 52% of female users and 48% of male users.
Mobile operators in the Czech Republic:
- T-Mobile (Formerly Paegas)
- O2 (Formerly Eurotel)
- Vodafone (Formerly Oskar)
*The number of mobile subscriptions is 14.36 million.