Getting accepted at Affiliate Networks for the first time11.8.2017Reading Time: 4 minutes
So you decided to be a Media Buyer and you are full of ambition. Found a high-paying affiliate program, ready to earn millions but those networks won’t accept you and won’t tell you the reasons. Why? Let’s see.
It’s not a secret that it’s hard to get into affiliate networks if you’re a newbie. If affiliate networks accept you, they will take risks. What risks? Well, they have to check creative materials, show you how it works and if you make a mistake, they could lose money. Eventually, they spend their time helping you and their time costs a lot. Managing a new one is a lot harder than managing a seasoned affiliate, that’s why nobody wants to raise newbies. So if network refuses you, don’t get it personal, don’t be upset and, most importantly, don’t give up!
The problem is, to become a seasoned affiliate you need to start somewhere. Every super affiliate started as a newbie someday. But how will you gain experience if no one will give you a chance, right?
Some people try to fake their proofs of successful projects but it doesn’t work at all. Newbies make fake screenshots of the last offers where they (of course) have earned a lot of money. Don’t be like that, professional AM understands that it’s fake at once so better don’t even try or you will have a bad reputation or even can get banned.
So, what can you do? When you decide to be a Media Buyer, applying to a network shouldn’t be your first step in affiliate marketing. You should begin from researching, then see what others are doing, learn about the available verticals, different traffic sources, tracking, read blogs and forums. Better pick one or two verticals to focus on and learn all you can find about it. You have to be ready so if AM wants to test you, you will act like «Yeah, I know that». And don’t try to look like a super affiliate, if you’re a newbie, tell them that, be honest.
Here, in AdCombo, we don’t have newbies. But our team is glad to help them! We’ve prepared some «Dont’s» from our affiliate managers:
- Don`t play with fake screenshots, affiliate managers really easy to find out if you’re playing with them or you’re a serious affiliate.
- Don’t start your messages with «I’m a newbie, please, accept me!», it looks like you’re desperate. Try to impress them with what you already know about affiliate networks.
- Don’t write to them again and again if they don’t answer for a couple of hours. Be patient. They are pretty busy people and have a lot of applications like yours. Give them 3 days and if they don’t give you any response, shoot them a follow-up email. In that email, you can include the business plan and your credentials.
- Don’t treat your manager as someone who can help you with your campaigns right away. AM doesn’t have to teach you stuff so you’d better be prepared and learn all the information you can find by yourself. Most often they appreciate it.
- Don’t apply to many networks at a time. Choose one, max two and see how it goes. You don’t want 10 accounts and not enough traffic to send to all of them.
- Don’t be shy and ask questions if it’s important. For example, ask your manager about his time zone and if there’s a huge time difference then ask for a manager who lives closer to your area.
- Don’t be silent if something goes wrong. For example, if your offer goes into the red, ask your AM, he will help you find better creative materials and traffic sources. A manager is always interested in your traffic and will do his best to help.
We know that making the first step is always difficult – you’re afraid of making mistakes, you doubt a lot and not sure you can do it. The beginning is always the hardest part but there’s no sweet without some sweat. The more you work and try, the more you will understand. And don’t forget that the best way to learn and remember new things is practice. A lot of practice.
As we said before, AdCombo doesn’t hire total newbies. But we’re ready to work with people who already have at least a little bit of experience and a lot of ambition. So if you think this is about you, then contact us. Who knows, maybe we will work well together 🙂
That’s it for today and good luck out there!