How to enter Affiliate Networks. 5 “don’ts” – guide for newbies.31.8.2016Reading Time: 3 minutes
Hi, there! We are going to tell you how to become a publisher in a good affiliate network. When a newbie starts to deal with networks he/she realizes that this business is not so easy to get in. There are several things that you should know and in order not to waste your time and to protect your nerves to get an approved account.
1. Don’t be stupid! Nobody will give you a chance to spoil its own reputation just because “you want to try yourself as an affiliate marketer”. Pay attention that in the sphere of affiliate marketing there are at least three partners: an affiliate marketer, an affiliate network, and an advertiser. And if one of them screws up his\her responsibility in this business all the others run into mischief too. When you bring traffic of low quality an advertiser doesn’t sale his\her product and an affiliate network loses its reputation because a lot of leads go to trash. That’s why be ready to prove that you know how to get traffic of good quality. For example, you can prove that you are good in it if you show the confirmed payments history which reflects your previous wins in internet marketing. It means that you can work well.
2. Don’t be upset! If you don’t have any positive experience in this sphere there is a way out. Prove that you are a real person with benevolent intentions and aren’t sharp cookie! A photo of your passport isn’t necessary, but you may give a link to your account in social networks where you have been doing posts since you had found out how to log in. You probably won’t get more “likes” for your posts from an affiliate manager, but you will increase the possibility to get an approved account.
3. Don’t fade! If an affiliate manager asks you about your traffic sources, show where you are going to get it. It may be your personal sources: website, blog or public page in social networks. Don’t be in a hurry to create a new website on an unpaid domain, it won’t help you to get an approved account. Your source must have at least 200 unique clicks per day. If you have a website with an adult content, there should be at least 600 unique clicks per day. If this is a niche resource with a narrowly targeted audience then 70-100 clicks per day will be enough. Also, affiliate networks can decline your request if you have only one source of traffic at any postpaid resource, for example “facebook” or “yahoo!”, since in this case there is no guarantee that an affiliate has money for internet marketing tools and will pay for his traffic.
4. Don’t give up! If you are not Mark Zuckerberg and don’t have your own source of traffic or don’t have experience as Attila does just show a screenshot of your personal account with current balance at any traffic market. This is not a secret that if you are ready to invest money it proves your reliability in any case. It will show that you have serious intentions and you are interested in bringing real leads and ready to take a risk of failure. So, you get a profit, an affiliate network get a commission and an advertiser get his\her products sold. Everybody becomes happy and a bit wealthy. That is called good partnership!
5. Don’t be tight lipped! If an affiliate manager asks you to show your business plan do it. There is no doubt that an affiliate manager knows how it works, but he/she must be sure that you know that too. Your plan must contain main issues concerning how exactly you are going to bring the leads, your good knowledge of the sphere an offer belongs to. What kind of ad platforms you will choose to promote this offer. You don’t need to tell your affiliate manager all profitable key schemes, just show that you know how to monetize the traffic.
Follow this simple rules and your chance to get an approved account in an affiliate will be higher. Even if you just begin your way in affiliate marketing. Go ahead!