- INTERNET USAGE IN FRANCE02.3.2017
Do you miss our weekly Internet usage research? We hope you do 🙂
This time the most romantic country on the agenda – France. So, here it is – internet usage in France.
- Population of France is 64,938,716
- Official language is French
- Other languages spoken in France – Provencal, Breton, Alsatian, Corsican, Catalan, Basque, Flemish). Overseas departments: French, Creole patois, Mahorian (a Swahili dialect).
- Ethnic groups: Celtic and Latin with Teutonic, Slavic, North African, Indochinese, Basque minorities
The number of Internet users is approximately 56 million
- Average latency: 138 ms
- Average download: 24.90 Mbps
- Average upload: 6.13 Mbps
How often do people in France access the Internet?
According to the statistical data, French young people of age group 16-24 access the Internet more than other age groups. Though, the age group 25-34 is snapping at their heels. Have a look:
Top Websites in France
For your convenience and for visual clarity we have created multicolored diagrams showing various stats:
Social Media Usage
As you can see on the diagrams above, Facebook is the most popular social network in France. So let’s take a closer look at the most visited Facebook pages:
E-commerce in France
French online buyers prefer paying with credit cards (e.g. Carte-Blue, a debit card used as a credit one). Also, Visa and PayPal are very popular. Alternative payments: Allopass, CM-CIC Paiement, Hipay, Moneo, Paysafecard and bank transfers.
People aged 25-34 order products online more often than other age groups. Average frequency is one purchase a month.
Popular product categories to buy online: clothing, travel and tourism, cultural products and consumer electronics.
The number of e-commerce sites is great: more than 120,000. Amazon is the most popular one while others are Cdiscount, eBay, Fnac and Priceminister. As clothes are purchased very often, such retailers as La Redoute and 3 Suisses are the biggest players in French e-commerce.
That’s it for now. We hope you’ll find this information useful. Good luck!