INTERNET USAGE IN ROMANIA27.4.2017Reading Time: 3 minutes
We are continuing posting our weekly articles about Internet usage in different countries. And today’s country on the agenda is Romania. Romania gives a lot of opportunities to earn much money through affiliate marketing. That’s why today we present you some statistical data on how the Internet is used there.
- The total population of Romania is 21,599,736 according to July estimates.
- An official language is Romanian 85.4%.
- Other languages: Hungarian 6.3%, Romany (Gypsy) 1.2%, other 1%, unspecified 6.1%.
- Ethnic groups are: Romanian 83.4%, Hungarian 6.1%, Roma 3.1%, Ukrainian 0.3%, German 0.2%, other 0.7%, unspecified 6.1%
- The total number of Internet users is 11,236,186
- Internet speed:
Average Latency: 144 ms
Average Download: 56.92 Mbps
Average Upload: 34.98 Mbps
For your convenience and for a visual clarity we have created multicolored diagrams showing various stats:
Social media usage
Romanians are active social media users – 9.40 million of people (+13% since last year). The number of active mobile social users is 8.00 million (+19% since last year).
As Facebook is really popular among affiliate marketers, we would like to pay more attention to it in a detail. The total number of monthly active Facebook users is 9.40 million. 85% of users access Facebook via mobile. Those who use Facebook every day is 73%.
- Female Facebook users – 49%
- Male Facebook users – 51%
Facebook pages stats:
Mobile operators in Romania
- Orange (Formerly Dialog)
- Vodafone (Formerly Connex)
- Telekom (Formerly Cosmorom, Cosmote)
The total number of mobile subscriptions is 27.44 million.
That’s it. We hope that this date will help you in running your campaigns. Good luck!
Thank you and I appreciate your comment.
Thank you and I appreciate your presentation.