- INTERNET USAGE IN ROMANIA27.4.2017
We are continuing posting our weekly articles about Internet usage in different countries. And today’s country on the agenda is Romania. Romania gives a lot of opportunities to earn much money through affiliate marketing. That’s why today we present you some statistical data on how the Internet is used there.
- The total population of Romania is 21,599,736 according to July estimates.
- An official language is Romanian 85.4%.
- Other languages: Hungarian 6.3%, Romany (Gypsy) 1.2%, other 1%, unspecified 6.1%.
- Ethnic groups are: Romanian 83.4%, Hungarian 6.1%, Roma 3.1%, Ukrainian 0.3%, German 0.2%, other 0.7%, unspecified 6.1%
- The total number of Internet users is 11,236,186
- Internet speed:
Average Latency: 144 ms
Average Download: 56.92 Mbps
Average Upload: 34.98 Mbps
For your convenience and for a visual clarity we have created multicolored diagrams showing various stats:
Social media usage
Romanians are active social media users – 9.40 million of people (+13% since last year). The number of active mobile social users is 8.00 million (+19% since last year).
As Facebook is really popular among affiliate marketers, we would like to pay more attention to it in a detail. The total number of monthly active Facebook users is 9.40 million. 85% of users access Facebook via mobile. Those who use Facebook every day is 73%.
- Female Facebook users – 49%
- Male Facebook users – 51%
Facebook pages stats:
Mobile operators in Romania
- Orange (Formerly Dialog)
- Vodafone (Formerly Connex)
- Telekom (Formerly Cosmorom, Cosmote)
The total number of mobile subscriptions is 27.44 million.
That’s it. We hope that this date will help you in running your campaigns. Good luck!